Sunday 21 June 2015

MY SOJOURN WITH THE ALTER EGO

Beyond the veil

                                          By Ratan Debnath
Yes, I'm that intruder,
who has seen the very secret
through the veil, ajar
on a moon-lit night.
               
In my childhood, a quest began unconsciously,
The adolescence disembarked me on dilemma
At last, the youth's acute eagerness
Gifted me that immaculate light.

Now, I'm ready to be hanged
Leaving life quite contented,
Or to be deported alone
If witnessing light's a punishable crime.


Catastrophe

                                      By Ratan Debnath 
It's rattling
Have you heard it, my alter-ago?
My skeleton's rattling in the closet
And leaves me orphaned inanimating my heart.
I ask thee again-
Could you hear it?
Gone are the dry days of five decades,
Craving a little indulgence for the dews-
Dews that touch the grass on some
Silent night and thus pass the sojourn destined!


And now, I'm not what I am!
Fat Layers have just begun to pile up.

Now, I could see the beckon of quicksand.
Nobody is seen ahead to stop me
Nobody is calling me from behind
Oh my luxurious death, lookers! wait
To witness my cool catastrophe.



Oh, Sorrow!

                                  By Ratan Debnath
Oh, Sorrow!
Thou come so oft,
Giving no serenity to life,
Leaving no solemnity in sight,
(that) man tends to opt.

Sometimes thou appear too nude to look at,
Sometimes thou stay too long to tolerate.

I ask not,
I judge not
To be immersed, deeper and deeper,
To reach the worlds of words.
Here lives the muse,
Here weeps the excuse
To hear or rear the tune finer.